Become a Member
The East Metro Symphony Orchestra is a community orchestra. Other than EMSO’s conductor and concertmaster, our musicians are avocational musicians playing together as a hobby outside their main occupations. One does not need to play in the orchestra in order to become a member.
EMSO Covid-19 Guidelines
- Members must be vaccinated to participate in EMSO activities.
- Members that have not received a vaccine and do not intend to do so, will be asked to suspend participation in the Orchestra until further notice.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended for all musicians whenever practical.
- Members must not participate in Orchestra activities if they have symptoms of sickness:
- A member with a negative Covid-19 test can return to Orchestra activities when their symptoms have resolved. A fever must be gone 24 hours without using medication.
- A member who has tested positive for Covid-19 must wait at least 10 days since they first felt sick or tested positive.
- Members who have been exposed to Covid-positive person(s) will not need to quarantine from Orchestra activities due to our vaccination requirements.
- PLEASE inform the orchestra if you have tested positive for Covid-19 and feel that other orchestra members may have been exposed.
The EMSO guidelines are based on the requirements set by our rehearsal/performance venues. The Orchestra Covid committee will communicate changes when required.
SoWashCo District Health and Safety Plans are based on guidance from the Washington County Public Health Department. Documents can be found at: https://www.sowashco.org/about-us/fall2021
EMSO is currently seeking individuals for open positions in:
EMSO welcomes all inquiries from musicians interested in joining our orchestra. If you are interested in playing with our orchestra, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome all inquiries about new membership, regardless of the instrument.
In preparation for the 2021-2022 concert season, EMSO is seeking new musicians for the following positions:
About EMSO Rehearsals & Performances
EMSO’s concert seasons run from September to May. Most rehearsals are held weekly on Tuesday evenings 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm in the Orchestra Room at East Ridge High School, 4200 Pioneer Drive, Woodbury, MN.
For the 2021-2022 concert season, some rehearsals will be held at other locations, including Park High School, 8040 80th Street South, Cottage Grove, MN 55016 and The Grove United Methodist Church, 7465 Steepleview Road, Woodbury, MN.
Most concert seasons consist of four main concerts and a few Symphonies for Seniors performances at various senior living facilities. Typically, main concerts are held on Sunday afternoons with dress rehearsals on the Saturday morning prior to the concert. Symphonies for Seniors concerts are held on Tuesday evenings in place of a regular rehearsal.
For more information about joining EMSO, please visit our Membership Frequently Asked Questions page.